Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013 Resolution...BLOGGING!

I began blogging on the Dinosaur Trader’s Virtual Office back in 2007 and fell off as the world melted around us. My P&L went the same way so I picked up a position as an analyst for a few years. Since then I’ve gotten back into trading full-time having found a fantastic prop firm. I cannot stress how nice it is to have an office of coworkers around you while trading, whether its physical or virtual.

 This blog will hopefully focus on STIR news and commentary as mentioned in the tagline, but I have a strong feeling I’ll be talking stocks just as much, and probably baseball, movies and books as well.

For now here are some core beliefs:

 - Everyone needs risk, both in their portfolio and their life.

 - The greatest way to succeed in something you love is to surround yourself with people who love that thing as well.

 - If you are not making the rules, the rules are skewed against you.

 - When investing you need to include fraud and news events (Black Swans, I guess) as reasons why you are going to lose money. You WILL lose money due to fraud and you WILL lose money due to unseen geological/political events if you are investing in anything. Be upset sure, but understand this is a common cost of investing and learn from what happened….fuck you MF Global.

No comments:

Post a Comment